Life is just a bowl of pork chops.

Nothing special, informative or groundbreaking.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tasty sandwich I made last night.

Went to the Troy Farmer's Market on Saturday morning with my dad...I would have gone with my boyfriend but he does not like to wake up early and really has little interest in walking around looking at food.

My dad and I split a locally baked whole wheat baguette so I decided that I would need to make some sandwiches on my awesome panini grill. Also at the farmers market I purchased some leeks so those would have to go in the sandwich too. I figured that caramelizing the leeks would be the best move, so I did that. I brushed the bread with olive oil, threw on some basil, prosciutto, genoa salami, the leeks, sliced homegrown roma tomatoes and fontina cheese and then chucked them into the panini grill.

While I used little of the salami and prosciutto, I still feel like the sandwich was too salty and needed something else to even that out a bit. The fontina was delicious and I feel I need to use it more frequently.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At September 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Mr. Dave said...

    BTW, leek tart really the only way to go with good leeks. Make some pate brise, par cook in tart shell, saute leeks in butter (not to caramelize, add water if the start to color! you want them cooked through till soft), make roux, throw in the leeks, add cream and eggs mixed, stir, bake in oven till set. Got it?

     
  • At September 10, 2008 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Mr. Dave said...

    Write on your blog more, or I will poop on it.

     
  • At September 24, 2008 at 8:34 PM , Blogger rdr2 said...

    Haven't been cooking anything interesting lately...sorry. I've had time this week but I am righteously sick.

    That steamer is deserved.

     
  • At October 14, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Mr. Dave said...

    You should change the name of your post to "Tasy sandwich I made 5 friggin' weeks ago". heheheheheh.
    Grats on the house, I will have to come over and poop in your kitchen.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home